Friday, June 17, 2011

New Job

I got news this week that I got a new job with Shelby County Schools. I'll be a member of the Performance Improvement Team. I'll go around the county and work with new teachers helping to support them and offer professional advice when needed. I'll also work with the administrators to complete evaluations on teachers using the new Tennessee evaluation model.
I'm having mixed emotions about starting a new job. I'm super excited because this is my dream job, and I really do think I'll be great at it. I love helping people! I'm sad to leave my friends at Arlington! I have developed many close relationships with the people at AES, and it's going to be difficult not to see them everyday. However, I could possibly be assigned Arlington as one of my schools, so I could still see them frequently. But now we have a reason to go out more often outside of the school setting! :o) I'm anxious because it is a new position, so I don't know exactly what to expect. But I'm excited to take on a new challenge. I'm ready for a change! I've been wanting a job where I could practice using my administrator's license. I think this job will give me a systemic view of our school system. I'll be able to see what works and what doesn't work, and this will be very valuable information for my future career goals. I'm nervous because I want to do the best job possible. I'm a people pleaser, and I like to make people happy with the quality of my work. I'll begin this job towards the end of July, and just a few short weeks later baby Norah is scheduled to arrive. I'm already wondering if I'll get behind in my new job. One of the supervisors that I'll be working with assured me that everything will be fine, and she told me to enjoy my time at home with the baby before I come back. That made me smile and breathe a little easier. At the end of the day, I'm super excited and honored that I was given this opportunity! :o)

2 comments:

Mama S said...

I so proud for you! I know you will do great! You really deserve this! Too bad I can't be there with you!

Debbie said...

You will of course be great in the new job! I hope Shadowlawn is one of your schools. I can't believe how far you've come since you were that "kid" interim with me.